When it comes to headphones, an unnoticed issue that frequently occurs has a head that is too big. In addition to durability, high quality, and comfort, comfort is also an essential factor when purchasing headphones. This is particularly true for those who prefer or need to wear headphones for an extended duration. This article will guide you to choose the Best Headsets For Big Heads.
If the pair of headphones you have are small concerning the size of your head, then you’re in for an experience that will leave you feeling uncomfortable. Standard headphones may be too tight and uncomfortable for people with smaller heads.
Plenty of headphones makers pay close attention to larger headphones for those with a big head. They aren’t made specifically for those with larger heads, but rather ones that can be adjusted to your preferences. Let’s look at the top headphones for those with big heads!
Things to Consider When Buying Headphones for Big Heads
Various factors must be considered when purchasing headphones for people with giant heads. Let’s look at these:
Type of Headphones
There are three kinds of headphones available: over-the-ear headphones, on-ear headphones, and ear headphones. The kind of headphones you pick to use for your needs is paramount importance. Let’s find out the differences:
Over-the-ear headsets have large ear cups that typically completely cover the ear. They are ideal for larger heads and fit more comfortably on ears with large ear canals. We recommend that users choose over-ear headphones as their preferred preference. There are also circumaural and supraaural headphones. You might be wondering what circumaural, over-the-head, and supra-aural headphones differ because they look similar. But, they differ in their unique ways.
On-ear headsets don’t have the identical size ear cups as over-the-ear headsets. They are generally similar to the size of your ear but do not completely cover your ear. If we say they are precisely the same size as ears, they are talking about the average size of your ear and not huge ears.
They don’t provide the most comfortable headphones for large heads. Therefore, if you choose to purchase an on-ear headset, don’t believe that they will be able to cover your ears adequately. Therefore, don’t opt for headsets with on-ears if you want a big headset to fit your head.
Another excellent option for those with big heads is in-ear headphones. In-ear headphones are the best choice for use directly in the ear canals. They can reduce the pain factor that earphones with small sizes can create for your ears.
Also, the over-the-ear or in-ear headphones are best suited for people with large heads in light of headphones.
Comfort is among the primary concerns when you’re on this blog. The kind of headphones you choose is one of the significant components of the comfort aspect. However, other elements are equally important. They include the headband, the earcups, or the ear pads.
The size of the earpads isn’t enough. For greater comfort, you should look for headphones with foam padding or memory foam earpads. They allow you to wear headphones for long periods more comfortably by reducing any discomfort or itchy ear.
When we speak of headbands, they are one of the two components of the headphones that touch our heads. Stiff, tight, or not flexible headbands could be the reason for extreme pain when worn for long durations. It is recommended that users opt for lightweight headbands with comfortable cushioning.
Design and Sturdiness
If we consider it, all of these aspects are interconnected. The design, type, and comfort of the headphones are connected. People with larger heads should specifically select larger or even in-appearance headphones. Adjustability is the next thing; however, the headphones’ size should be large enough.
Furthermore, sure headbands and earpad styles are appropriate for specific users. Some headphones are not made to be suitable for all! When seeking out design and comfort, do not forget to ensure that the durability and quality of the build aren’t affected.
Sure larger-sized headphones have less power due to their size, so owners should make sure nothing happens.
The majority of headsets and headphones have detachable boom microphones that are adjustable depending on the position of your mouth. Some headphones come with fixed-rigged microphones that aren’t suitable for headsets with big heads. Even if your mic is moved either up or down by 1/2 inch could impact the way you communicate while playing with your pals.
Thus, the users must ensure that their headphones have adjustable microphones. No matter how they alter the headband level, their microphones are placed directly in front of the mouth.
Sound Quality/Audio Quality
It’s no surprise that headphones aren’t worth it if the audio quality isn’t the best. Don’t sacrifice the quality of sound they receive from their headphones to ensure they are the most comfortable fit and the best ease of use. We’ve made sure that the best headphones for large heads we offer to you include headphones that check all these boxes.
This product review and guide focuses on headsets suitable for large heads. For a specific headset to consider, we will look at how the headset will expand to fit different head sizes, including those on the bigger end in the range.
We looked at all the options suitable for people with heads larger than the average.
When playing, each sound is valuable information that can be used to accomplish your game-related goals. That’s why noise-canceling headphones are beneficial because they block all external sounds from coming to your ears.
Since noise-canceling headphones are costly, we’ve just included a few to ensure that those who do not want to buy an expensive noise-canceling device don’t have to pay for the expensive technology.
There are two options to select from: wired or. Wireless. While there is a debate about which one is better, each has its unique advantages and drawbacks. While wired headsets are more responsive and faster, wireless headsets aren’t far compared. You’ll not notice any distinction.
While we’d love to leave the decision of what headset you pick to you, however, we wanted for fairness to include several headsets that offered wireless and wired connectivity.
Surround Stereo vs. Surround Sound
Surround Stereo is an essential element in improving the sound output. It’s a channel link to both ears. They provide depth and character in the audio. Surround sound plays a crucial function when listening to the intense soundtrack of action-packed games.
They add background sounds to players and aid players focus better during intense situations. They are the kind of sound you require to entirely immerse yourself into the action.
Here are some of the Best Headsets for the big heads
HyperX Cloud Alpha S
- HyperX 7.1 Virtual surround sound technology provides high-quality audio.
- Low distortion with precise levels of sound and a double-chamber driver.
- Comfort Memory Foam Ear Cushionsensure that you are comfortable throughout the day.
- Customizable audio profile with bass Adjustment Sliders.
- An excellent choice for gamers.
- Official ps4 licensed headset
- Onboard volume slider
- Swivel-to-mute noise-cancellation microphone
- Signature hyperx comfort
- Immersive in-game audio
Cloud Alpha delivers 7.1 surround sound for a profound experience. Dual-chamber driver technology reduces distortion in sound and delivers crystal clear audio.
This headset for professionals is designed for all types of gamers, and regardless of whether you play with a PC, Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo, HyperX Alpha S is the headset you require.
It comes with memory foam earpads enclosed by a breathable and breathable material and a lightweight aluminum frame to provide long-lasting ease.
With the controls activated to alter the sound quality of games and surround sound available, There is no reason not to buy these headphones.
SteelSeries Arctis 7 Review: Lossless Wireless Gaming Headset For Large Heads
- High-tech 360-precision audio technology to improve audio quality.
- Unbreakable design with exceptional toughness and a sturdy appearance.
- Adjustable steel exteriors Give users a comfortable experience.
- Impressive noise cancellation.
- Work Works well with MacBook, Switch, PCs, and mobile devices.
- Strong Battery capacity makes it a good choice for professional gamers.
- Official ps4 licensed headset
- Lightweight headset with 90° rotating ear cups
- Immersive in-game audio
- Signature hyperx comfort
- Durable, adjustable steel sliders
The popular headphones that fit over large heads come with lossless wire technology and a wire that can be detached to provide additional support. They come with a noise-canceling background feature that The company cancels to block out any external noises with impressive clarity.
The headset can be used on Macbooks, PC, Nintendo Switch, and mobile phones. Gamers can easily adjust the volume, sound, and frequency response range utilizing the sensitivity settings.
Razer BlackShark V2 Pro Review: No.1 Headset For Wide Range of Head Sizes
- 2.4GHz Wireless range with the highest audio quality.
- Advanced Passive Noise Isolation.
- You can tune the drivers to high, mid, and low-frequency sounds.
- The light design and flowing memory foam cushions ensure the ultimate comfort.
- 24-hour battery life on just one charge.
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE 12 Hz – 28 kHz.Headphones fit type:Over-Ear
- The Best-Selling Gaming Peripherals Brand: Source - The NPD Group, Inc. U.S. Retail Tracking Service: Gaming Keyboards, Gaming Mice, Gaming Headsets, Gaming Peripherals; Based on dollar sales, Jan-Sept. 2021 combined
- All-Day Comfort: Soft breathable memory foam ear cushions that prevent overheating and pressure build-up
- Triforce Titanium 50mm High-End Sound Drivers: Outfitted with cutting-edge, 50mm drivers divided into 3 parts for individual tuning of highs, mids, and lows
- Detachable Razer Hyperclear Supercardioid Mic: 9.9mm mic has better voice isolation and produces a truer recreation of your speech, which can be further tuned via Razer Synaps
V2 Pro delivers incredible audio quality transmission and low latency to provide the highest quality sound output. The gamers will never lose connection to their game, thanks to the 2.4GHz internet connection. It enhances the sound.
Using the latest passive noise cancellation technology, you can easily cut off from the outside world.
V2 Pro comes with a Razer super-cardioid ultra-clear built-in microphone to provide a more precise voice frequency and response. The ability to quickly adjust from medium to high volume makes it a professional gamers’ favorite.
Beyerdynamic DT 880 Limited Edition Headsets Review: Solid Build and Design
- Headband adjustable, moveable to any angle.
- Design that is durable and ergonomic is composed of solid and durable materials.
- Amazing noise cancellation.
- A lively yet well-balanced tone profile.
- Comes by an external wire that is not removable.
- Users can use dongles, too.
- You can alter the rod and the headband according to your preferences. DT 880 is constructed with a durable and high-end material that adds to its longevity.
- Gamers will appreciate the fantastic noise cancellation feature on DT 880 headphones, which can help players take their gaming further.
- The external wire plug allows the user to use the headset as a dual-purpose gaming device.
- Frequency Response - 5 - 24,000 Hz and Impedance - 16 ohms
- Model Name DT880
- Over Ear
SteelSeries Arctis Pro Review: Extra-Large Wireless Headset
- Play with Many Gaming platforms such as PlayStation, PC, and even mobile devices that use PC, PlayStation, and even mobile devices.
- Twenty hours of use on one charge.
- Made from aluminum alloy to provide a long life for the headset.
- Fantastic microphone with Studio-like sound quality.
- They are equipped with everything that you need to make the right option. They’re comfy for big heads, feature a great microphone that blocks most outside noise, and sound fantastic. Gamers can play on a console as well as a mobile device simultaneously.
- They are also efficient at receiving phone calls. On the other hand, they suffer from poor noise isolation, which is the norm with gaming headsets.
- Almighty Audio - Experience ultimate clarity and sound quality with Premium High Fidelity Drivers. Fully customize the sound experience with the Sonar Software by using a first-in-gaming Pro-grade Parametric EQ.
- 360° Spatial Audio - Immersive surround sound transports you to the gaming world, letting you hear every critical step, reload, or vocal cue to give you an advantage.*Fully compatible with Microsoft Spatial Sound for Xbox / Tempest 3D Audio for PS5
- Hi-Res Audio Certified - The GameDAC Gen 2 supercharges your game audio with 78% purer signal (in comparison to GameDAC Gen 1), elevating the resolution to 96KHz/24-Bit for a much more detailed, richer soundscape
- Adjustable for Perfect Fit - The ComfortMAX system includes height-adjustable rotating earcups, a flexible suspension band, and a glasses-friendly build to ensure a comfy wear no matter how long you play.
- Easy Settings - Adjust EQ, input device, volume, ChatMix, and so much more with the touch of a finger, using the GameDAC Gen 2. Set up the perfect audio for PC or console directly from the multi-function OLED display.
We’ll show you the four top headsets for big heads with big eyes, priced at a reasonable cost, excellent gaming performance, and do not sacrifice quality or comfort features.
Corsair Void RGB Headsets Review A great wireless design
- High-Density 50mm audio drivers to provide the best sound quality for games.
- Dynamic RGB Lighting.
- Incredible 7.1 virtual surround audio experience.
- Memory foam cushions with a soft feel and breathable microfiber are suitable for long.
- You can easily control the volume.
- Corsair Void RGB provides the use of a 40-foot range of wireless connections.
- Noise Control: Noise Cancellation.Headphones fit type:On-Ear
- Hear everything from the lightest footstep to the most. Thundering explosion thanks to premium, custom-tuned 50 millimeter high-density neodymium Audio drivers with an expanded frequency range of 20 Hz - 30, 000 Hz
- An omnidirectional microphone picks up your voice with exceptional clarity, with a flip-up mute function and a built-in LED mute indicator
- 7.1 surround sound not supported with Apple M1 Chip devices.
- Connect wirelessly to your PC or PS4/PS5 using low-latency 2.4 GHz wireless with the included USB adapter
These high-tech headphones provide 7.1 surround sound. They provide audio output that includes an increased frequency response between 20Hz and 30000Hz. The headphones feature High-Density 50mm, audio drivers. The battery can last for approximately 16 hours, with low latency on one charge.
These gaming headphones are very comfortable to wear due to their adjustable leatherette headband with breathable memory foam and light design. It is easy to interact with other gamers on Discord with this budget-friendly headset that takes players’ experience to a higher level.
Razer Kraken Headset Review: Quality Features at Affordable Prices
- Improve your game by mastering the in-game environment—your gameplay.
- Certified headphones with DiscordTHX spatial audio that simulates clear audio in the position of your choice.
- Easy audio control.
- The most comfortable Cushions are infused with gel with silky leather.
- Customizable microphone controls.
- Sound Built for Immersive Gaming: Outfitted with custom-tuned 50 mm drivers
- Ultimate Personalization & Gaming Immersion with Razer Chroma: Fully syncs with popular games, Razer hardware, Philips Hue, and gear from 30+ partners; supports 16.8 million
- Non-Slip Rubber Base: Includes a high-friction, rubber bottom with a low center of gravity to keep docked headphones safe and on a stable platform
- The #1 Best-Selling Gaming Peripherals Manufacturer in the US: Source - The NPD Group, Inc. U.S. Retail Tracking Service, Keyboards, Mice, PC Headset/Pc Microphone, Gaming Designed, based on dollar sales, 2017-2021
- THX 7.1 Surround Sound Capable: Provides industry-leading audio realism for in-game immersion by providing accurate spatial audio information beyond standard 7.1 surround sound directional cues
The Razer headset lets gamers enjoy a better gaming experience by better comprehending the game’s environment. They’re certified for Discord which means you can effortlessly chat with other players while playing.
You can control the game’s volume and chat volume to give you the most enjoyable gaming experience. Razer Kraken is fitted with an aluminum frame that can be adjusted with a clamping force, ensuring that the headset remains at your head with a firm grip when you play intensely. Additionally, you receive a USB cable to connect via wire.
Turtle Beach Recon 200 Review: Best Amplified Professional Gaming Headset
- Boom-filled bass with high-quality amplified audio output.
- Chat with other players on the Nintendo Switch in-game.
- Lightweight style and memory foam cushion that is wrapped in leather.
- 3.5 mm non-removable cable.
- Dongles can be connected too.
- 12-hour use for a single cost.
- Recon 200 is a game console that you can play on. Recon 200 to play on various game platforms.
- AMPLIFIED AUDIO – Amplified 40mm speakers deliver immersive, detailed gaming audio and supports spatial surround sound & 3D audio technologies; plus always on bass boost & variable mic monitoring.
- FLIP-TO-MUTE MIC - Turtle Beach’s renowned, high-sensitivity mic picks up your voice loud and clear and flips up to mute.
- BASS BOOST - Powered by the rechargeable battery, feel the earth-quaking rumble of always-on Bass Boost.
- NEXT-GEN COMFORT - New for the Gen 2, athletic fabric and softer memory foam ear cushions keep you cool and comfortable over hours of gaming. Patented ProSpecs cushions also alleviate pressure so gamers with glasses can play in comfort.
- DURABLE DESIGN - An adjustable metal-reinforced headband is lightweight, flexible and provides long-lasting durability.
Turtle Beach Recon delivers the most immersive sound experience in the virtual playing field thanks to strong amplified sound and bass booster features. This budget-friendly headset is ideal for crystal clear conversations with Nintendo Switch. Nintendo Switch in-game offers mics that can be turned off and on with 40mm speakers. Gamers can control the volume and monitor the microphone’s operation via the onboard control panel.
The Turtle Beach headphones are one of the gaming best headsets that are well-constructed and designed for big heads. It features reinforced headbands made of metal and memory foam cushioning on the ear pads. These gaming headphones to play games on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PS4, PS5, and PC.
Logitech G935 Headset Review: Good Wireless Connection
- 50mm professional drivers for improved sound quality.
- Exceptional Quiet Efficiency.
- During prolonged use, it is incredibly comfy due to the large, fully padded foam covering your earpads.
- Highly compatible across the entire range of devices.
- Twelve hours of battery power on one charge.
- This superb headphone is powered by a hushed performance that blocks out external noise so that your gaming never stops. It provides high-quality sound and low noise inference. It comes equipped with 50mm professional drivers.
- The Logitech G935 offers excellent fabric liner in the ear pads, which allows you to wear them all day long on large heads with ease. Gaming headphones feature 12-hour battery lives, are highly compatible, and can be used for indoor gaming.
- The most advanced wireless gaming headset yet from Logitech G. 2.4 GHz wireless delivers premium Sound, complete freedom and a clean Set up without wires. Default lighting- 8 hours. No lighting-12 hours
- Combine your Logitech G935 Gaming Headset with a Logitech G mouse, keyboard and more (sold Separately) for a complete gaming setup, delivering advanced features with next-gen performance.
- Lightsync RGB game-driven lighting, EQ settings and more can be customized through downloadable Logitech G hub software. Requirements - Windows 7 or later, macOS 10.11 or later, Chrome OSTM, USB port
- Enhanced 6 mm mic+ provides new levels of comms clarity. Wireless Range: Indoor: 15 meters; Outdoor: 20 meters; Connection Type: USB. Battery Life (rechargeable): No lighting: 12 hours; Default lighting: 8 hours
Philips SHP9500 Review: Good Open-Back Headphones For Versatile Use
- Thanks to its 50mm Neodymium speaker drivers, it provides crisp and precise audio quality.
- A comfortable over-ear design with a breathable Ear cushion.
- Strong Construction and robust body with headbands made of steel.
- Extensive range of frequencies.
- Offers sound audio reproduction.
- This ultra-precision Philips headset perfectly fits your large ears due to its driver’s angled design. The body is solid and durable because of its steel headband, and its breathable ear cushion ensures that you will be able to enjoy it for hours without any issues.
- The clarity of the sound from SHP9500 is simply outstanding, with its high-frequency response audio making it among the most potent headphones available on the market. Users have ample room to move around thanks to its 1.5-meter wire, which is ideal for full-on games and comfortable listening.
- 50mm neodymium drivers deliver full spectrum of sound
- 50mm neodymium drivers deliver full spectrum of sound
- 1.5m cable gives you freedom of movement for indoor use
- Comfortable double layered headband cushion, breathable ear cushion for longer wearing comfort
- Finishing of connector: gold-plated, acoustic system: open, Magnet type: neodymium
Acer Galea Predator 300 Review Headset that is bass-driven and has a strong Headband
- Fantastic gaming wired headset that has decent audio quality.
- It provides a cinematic audio experience.
- Comfortable headsets are suitable for prolonged gaming and equipped with a 400 mm bio-cellulose driver and virtual surround sound.
- Suspend the headband and adjust the headband to ensure the highest performance.
- Highly robust Design with 3.5 audio mm audio Jack.
- TPU jacket to provide outstanding wired connectivity.
- This Certified Refurbished product is Certified Factory refurbished, shows limited or no wear, and includes all original accessories plus a 90-day warranty.
- The extendable, omnidirectional mic makes sure your commands are heard clearly as you defy death and strategize over team chat.
- TrueHarmony and the bio-cellulose membrane driver with rubber surround give the Galea 300 the deep acoustic clarity that few others can match.
- No tweaks necessary. Perfection has come in the form of a self-adjusting cushioned headband and extremely comfortable leather1 ear muffs.
The high-quality Acer Galea headset has bio-cellulose drivers of 400 millimetres with a rubber surround to provide excellent sound quality, smooth bass, crystal clear highs, and powerful lows. The design is appealing to the eye and offers additional comfort for long hours of gaming.
The long-lasting durability of Acer Galea Predator 300 is guaranteed by the strong headband and 3.5-millimetre gold-plated headband. It is made for people who have a wide range of head sizes0
Winner Headset for big heads
The top pick in this complete list of headsets for large heads would be HyperX Cloud Alpha. This gaming headset for professionals includes HyperX Virtual 7.1 surround sound. It also offers unique, distortion-free audio thanks to the dual-chamber driver system.
One of the features I love about HyperX Cloud Alpha is the bass adjustment sliders in the earcups. It allows you to customize the sound to your preferences.
Therefore, we’ve listed our top 13 gaming headsets on the market. We have revealed their unique features and the pros and cons. We also have a top choice on our list.
Then, I’m going to talk to you. What headset would you pick? Which one is it? Razer Kraken because of its price? Or Steelseries due to the wireless feature?